One year older, One year wiser … but I’ll always hold it, forever young!
It’s become a tradition now to write a post just before my birthday – about me – and share it with the world … oh well! Ok, this is utterly exciting … I love the feeling and I love February 1st … it’s a hot date. So when it’s your birthday do you grow a tad bit taller? or what happens?
very rhetorical question. So my age adds a plus one … Yikes! A while ago I used to find people saying they are the age I’m turning and I used to think … “Gosh you’re old!” Ummm! Now I’m there so I’ll feel pretty weird saying the age.
A year is actually passed … 23 was a year and a half (no wonder it’s an ODD number). So much has happened in it, the good, the bad, the ugly, the beautiful but one thing still stands, that I’m still me and I haven’t changed a tad bit. Maybe for the better, which is what I plan to carry forward. Having managed to achieve a couple of stuff that I even wouldn’t have thought I would. I think this year has gotten me to be mature.
This year I’ve basically learnt to take care of myself in the very essence of it, which I think in life is a lesson one needs to learn … the easy way of the hard way. Thank God I didn’t have it rough, at least now I know I can be sure to take care of others.
As for this year, I have no plans really … I don’t have a pre-arranged list per se, but I have an idea of random things so here goes and it’s all about “I” and what “I” want, because today is the only day it’s all about me, me, me 🙂
- I just want to be happy … like genuinely happy. I pray that the people who will be around bring me happiness and lots of love
heheyeah love, and I will be sure to reciprocate.
- I would want to be the best at what I do … it’s not the easiest thing in the world, especially when you have to be creative and think outside the box. I pray that God opens up my mind this year and many to come, because I love what I’m doing now.
- I would want to make better decisions, to make the right choices as hard as it can be … I hope this year I make stuff right!
- I want to be wise … I just don’t want to fall for anything
if you know what I mean.I want to make wise decisions in all this circumstances, this life can be so confusing … lol, last year I had my roll of *what’s the opposite of wisdom?*
- I want to be more of a Christian, does that make sense? I want to read more of my bible, go to church on Sundays and find myself in God … you know how we struggle so much in life, and all you probably need is just a short prayer calling out to God to sort you out. And he’s always got you, so I want to put him 1st in everything.
- I want to always be there for my folks … in my 23rd they have shown me what being a parent is all about. They’ve been there for me since I was conceived, and my life so far has been the best because of them. I don’t know of a better way to appreciate them. So I pray for God to make me super able to always be there for them (I know I’ve dotted there…lol)
Basically, that’s what I want and I think if I’m able to achieve all this … the rest will be a breeze. So, God help. I hope that’s not so much to ask for on my birthday 🙂
IN THAT CASE!
“The secret to staying young is to live honestly, eat slowly, and lie about your age.” ~ So true…lol
“And in the end, it’s not the years in your life that count. It’s the life in your years.” ~ Abraham Lincoln
For those who wished me, are wishing me, will be wishing me happy birthday … MUCHAS GRACIAS! I love y’ll like you wouldn’t believe it. Friends and family are God Given, and I think the world would be a monster without you!
Signing Off ~~~ *Kawi*