No, life is not what happens when you’re busy making plans because plans are part of what is life is about. Only problem is that the plans that we make here (on earth, that is) sometimes don’t match the plans that our maker has (or had) for us. Does that mean you don’t make plans? No, it doesn’t. It just means we make plans knowing that our plans are not the ultimate ones. That they will not necessarily turn out to be what we wanted them to be, because they sometimes could conflict with what our maker has in store for us.
*** Life happens.
Sometimes the maker’s plans, works for us and other times against us. For us, when we are successful in how we planned it out and then some more. When a simple software program made in your dorm room becomes the most sought after program in the world. When anyone purchases a device, the one program they want to install without a doubt is, Facebook (and now WhatsApp, lucky chap). His plans, they totally worked out for him. I used the most universally known example for it to make sense. Don’t we all want to be the next Mark Zuckerberg in our different capacities. A young over-achiever? Especially when it comes to your career or whatever it is your passionate about, Oprah or Gordon Ramsay among very many other, did it too.
But unfortunately, it doesn’t work like that for everyone. It’s different for each person. Everyone’s’ plan is architectured differently. You’d find that most of the people who built the software programs with Mark Zuckerberg or those that assisted in its roll out in one way or another are not on his much admired lane. They’re in different lanes; some are successful in their other ventures, others are struggling to find their breaking point, others are not there any more, others are just, well, just there.
*** Life happens.
Then there’s the complete downside of life, the loss of it. Your future could seem oh-so bright. And as you see yourself getting where you’ve always wanted to be, then your life is cut short. I have seen some friends lose life at such a tender age. You know when you have so much working out for you or in your favor. It just doesn’t make sense. Why would your maker get you to that level, then yank you out of the face of the earth before your revel in it, through accidents, terminal illnesses among other causes. Doesn’t he know that you have people who look up to you, people who love you, people who don’t necessarily love you but admire your ambitious self and people who don’t know you, but know about you and the potential you have (or had, now that you’ve been yanked out). Painful, huh?
*** Life happens.
The saddest or scariest part is that you just don’t know what happens after life happens. Even now as you live, you don’t know. You know the next thing you want for yourself, but you don’t know the next thing the maker wants from you, for you or with you. Sadly, “the world is not our home we are just passing through”. It’s not something that we’ll probably ever accept or even quite understand, but since the length of our visit is unnumbered and our time here is unknown, let’s make use of what we have and make the best out of it. Ain’t it?
“Let’s not limit ourselves :-
- Plan like you’re living for many years and years to come that you die of old age;
- Love like your life depends on what or who you’re loving on;
- Learn all you can – there’s no excess learning but there’s ignorance which is not bliss;
- Laugh when something’s funny, even when others don’t get the joke, they’re probably slow, they’ll catch up;
- Eat healthy when you can, junk when you can’t, basically, don’t starve yourself;
- Work hard and have some good fun while at it;
- Dance like you’re the best even if you have two left legs;
- Allow yourself to entertain and be entertained;
- Treasure your family and friends, they are priceless! Always make them feel like a million bucks while you have them around and while they have you around;
- Pamper yourself once in many whiles, because you’ll always deserve it.
- Express yourself and stand for what you believe in, even when they don’t get you, they eventually will.”
- Lastly, selfies will make you happy for a moment. Take a moment, take a selfie!
*** Because, that’s how life happens.
Wishing you nothing short of a blessed weekend, with a dose of SUNshine to light up your life xo!
Signing Off ~~~ *Kawi*